ADA Grievance Procedure
This grievance procedure is established to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
It is not to be used by anyone who wishes to appeal the decision of a department in response to a request for workplace accommodation or modification of services, activities, programs or benefits while working for the City of Pompano Beach.
This grievance procedure does not apply to complaints alleging discrimination in employment policies or practices, which should be filed with the City's Human Resources Department.
This grievance procedure is established for the public to provide a means by which that objective fact finding can occur, followed by a discussion of options, with mediation that attempts to find a mutually acceptable solution to an issue identified. The goal of this process is to preclude the need to grieve or appeal a request for accommodation in another venue of government. The process is as follows:
The complainant and/or his/her designee should submit the grievance as soon as possible, but no later than 60 calendar days after the alleged occurrence. Submit grievance to the City of Pompano Beach's ADA Coordinator:
Phyllis A. Korab
Assistant City Manager/ADA Coordinator
100 W. Atlantic Blvd, Room 430
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
- The complaint should be in writing and contain the following information about the alleged discrimination: full name, address, phone number of the complainant; location of the occurrence, date, and description of the alleged discrimination and the name of the department involved and any employee and/or witness involved in the occurrence. Upon request, alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the complaint, will be made for Person With Disabilities.
- Within 15 calendar days after receipt of the complaint, the City ADA Coordinator, or designee, will meet with the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions.
- With 15 calendar days after the meeting, the City ADA Coordinator will respond in writing. The response provides a final resolution of the complaint.
- If the individual who has filed a grievance continues to have concerns after this process concludes, he or she is welcome to bring any unresolved concerns to the City Manager of the City of Pompano Beach.
- All appeals received and responses given by the City ADA Coordinator will be kept by the City of Pompano Beach for at least three years, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.