Guidelines and Criteria
The City of Pompano Beach has developed a strategic sponsorship plan that welcomes the proposals from nonprofit organizations whose programming matches at least one or more of the funding priorities. In order to ensure that we have the proper information to evaluate and process your request, please follow these guidelines.
Sponsorship Application Info
The City of Pompano Beach is excited to announce that beginning April 1, 2019 – May 10, 2019, it will be accepting nonprofit sponsorship requests for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. The City will now only receive sponsorship requests once a year.
Sponsorship Application Open: April 1, 2019
Sponsorship Application Deadline: May 10, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. SHARP
Sponsorships Announced: Week of June 17, 2019*
*Announcement date is subject to change based on city calendar
Info Sessions:In an effort to answer any questions nonprofits may have, the City will be hosting two informational sessions.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:00 p.m.
E. Pat Larkins Center
520 Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:00 a.m.
E. Pat Larkins Center
520 Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Parking: The parking lot is located directly behind the RaceTrac on Atlantic at NW 6th Ave/Blanche Ely.
Organizations receiving these funds are required to:
- Attend mandatory Orientation Workshop on June 25, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Participate in a Nonprofit Program Services Fair 1-2 times a year
- Enter into a Miscellaneous Appropriations Contract with the City.
- Provide the City of Pompano Beach with the appropriate insurance requirements including, but not limited to:
- General Liability Insurance
- Sexual Molestation Coverage
- If your organization does not interact with children under the age of 18. Written documentation stating so would suffice.
- Auto Insurance
- If your organization does not have company vehicles, a copy of the main organization's contact personal insurance card would suffice. Coverage for a single day event would only need to reflect the minimum auto coverage.
- Workers Compensation Coverage
- If an organization has fewer than (4) employees, they may request a "Certificate of Election to be Exempt." To request exemption, please visit https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/WC/Employer/Exemptions/
- See Full Insurance Requirements
- See Sample Certificate of Insurance
- If a City of Pompano Beach funded program will be taking place on city property, a separate agreement will be required.
- For more information please visit http://pompanobeachfl.gov/pages/parks_rec/parks_rec.
- *Fees shall not apply for resident non-profit organizations as defined in § 98.47(A)(1)(b), for use of recreation centers or facilities during normal operating hours, for the purpose of organization or board meetings excluding holidays as observed by the City of Pompano Beach and the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Fee structure will apply for all other uses including fundraisers, social gatherings and room rentals.
Sponsorship Application Submission Process
Before you complete our ONLINE application, please review the Sample Application to gather the information needed for your online submission. Please note you will be able to save and resume your progress on the application form. Additionally, it is recommended for best use that you use Google Chrome web browser to complete the application. Lastly, please do not attach your supporting documents until you are ready to submit.
Applications MUST be submitted electronically via online web submission.
The following additional attachments must be submitted via online submission in order for your application to be considered:
- Submit an updated copy of your IRS W-9 Tax Form in .pdf format
- Visit: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf to access W-9
- Submit a copy of your organization’s IRS letter or certificate, verifying tax exempt status in .pdf format
- Submit an accurate itemized budget for your program/event. Agency budgets will not be reviewed.
- Submit a list of Board of Directors in .pdf format
- Submit copy of Articles of Incorporation in .pdf format
When attaching files, please label appropriately using the following naming convention:
- (Name of Your Nonprofit) W9
- (Name of Your Nonprofit) IRS Letter
- (Name of Your Nonprofit) Itemized Budget
- (Name of Your Nonprofit) Board of Directors
- (Name of Your Nonprofit) Articles of Incorporation
Applications will not be considered for review if:
- The application is incomplete
- The application is not received on time
- The application fails to include the required attachments
As a standard practice, the City of Pompano Beach does not support and considers ineligible:
- For-profit organizations or those without a nonprofit, tax-exempt status.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Faith-based organizations or religious programs whose principle purpose is promulgating a particular religious faith, creed or doctrine.
- Private foundations
- Community or event advertising
- Athletic sponsorships or scholarships
- Student trips or exchange programs
- Telephone solicitations
- Recreational, sporting or athletic associations
Disallowed expenditures as determined by the City of Pompano Beach; which includes, but not limited to:
- Personal digital assistants (PDAs), cell phones, smartphones, and similar devices
- Service costs to support PDAs, cell phones, smartphones, and similar devices such as wireless services and data plans
- Proposal preparation including the costs to develop, prepare or write the proposal
- Pre-award costs
- Out-of-state travel; non-local travel expenses
- Gift cards
- Purchase/lease of facilities or vehicles (e.g., buildings, buses, vans, cars)
- Rentals – one day only (written justification and approval needed for additional time)
- Entertainment - exceptions shall be made for community events (written justification and approval needed prior)
- Land acquisition
- Honorariums for presenters/speakers and any costs associated with travel expenses
- Kitchen appliances and home goods (e.g., refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, tabletop burners) (written justification and approval needed)
- Capital improvements and permanent renovations (e.g., playgrounds, buildings, fences, wiring)
- Clothing or uniforms (written justification and approval needed)
- Project banquets/luncheons
- Costs for items/services already covered by indirect costs allocation (supplanting)
- Out of state college tours
- Out of county field trips
- Boat rentals
- Family incentives
- Car mileage
- Laboratory fees
- Health benefits
- Digital Cameras
- Plaques - exceptions shall be made for community events (written justification and approval needed prior)
- Hotel Costs
- Housing - (written justification and approval needed based on programming)
To be added to our mailing list please complete this form.