General InformationThe Pompano Beach Air Park is located in the heart of the Gold Coast and serves the general aviation needs of Broward County. This air transportation facility is owned and operated by the City of Pompano Beach and is a public use facility.
The airport provides a multitude of general aviation services including: flight training, aircraft rental, air taxi/charter, scenic rides, air ambulance, aerial photography, mapping and surveying, search & rescue, storage hangers, aircraft sales, maintenance, avionics repairs and ramp services (aircraft fueling, tie-downs, catering, etc.
Air Park Business Plan
Air Park Minimum Standards
Air Park Manager
1001 NE 10 Street,
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
The Airpark Advisory Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm in the City Commission Chambers Conference Room. To see upcoming Airpark Advisory Board and other city meetings please see our meeting page.
On Site Amenities
- Easy access to recreational activities such as fishing
- Scuba diving, and boating
- Municipal golf course (36 holes)
- Driving range
- Galuppi's on the Green restaurant
- Municipal swimming pool
- Municipal baseball stadium
- Tennis facility
- Bike path
- Fitness trail
- Community Park
- Pompano Beach Amphitheater
- Pompano Citi Centre
FBO Numbers and Links
Sheltair Aviation Inc.
Sub-Tenants to Sheltair Aviation include:
Florida Aviation Academy (Flight Training School)
Dare to Dream (Flight Training School)
Florida Coast to Coast Helicopters (Rotor Wing Flight Training School & Sight Seeing Tours)
Aviation Specialty Services (Airframe & Engine Repair Services)
954.942.4700 or 954.816.7399
Helicopter Parts & Service (Rotor Wing Airframe & Engine Repair Services)
Pro Aircraft Interiors Inc. (Aircraft Interior Repair & Modification Services)
Pompano Aviation Inc., LLC
Sub-Tenants to Pompano Aviation include:
American Flyers (Flight Training School)
Pilot Training America
Daher Aircraft Inc. (North American TBM Aircraft Distribution & Maintenance Center)
Good Year Airship Operations
If you have concerns about the conditions of parking lots at shopping centers or in other commercial areas, please contact a business owner near the parking lot to express your concern. These lots are privately owned and not maintained by the city. Any questions about parking lots at city-owned facilities may be directed to Pompano Beach Public Works at 954.786.4061.
Quiet Flying is Good Business
The City of Pompano Beach, owner and operator of Pompano Beach Air Park, is concerned with the impact of aircraft operations over sensitive residential areas. Pilot in Command (PIC) cooperation in adhering to guidelines and procedures is critical in minimizing this impact. Take a look at our guidelines and noise awareness steps.
Goodyear leases approximately 32.5 acres from the Air Park as a blimp base on the west side of the Air Park. The blimp hangar, which is 45,000 square feet in size, is the largest building at the Air Park. The hanger is large enough to store two fully-inflated blimps. Goodyear has also constructed a 3,500 square foot operations / administration building on its lease parcel. To learn about the Goodyear Blimp, we invite you to visit Goodyear Online or call 954.946.8300.
Fixed Base Operations (FBOs) provide a wide range of services at the Air Park. These services include:
- Aircraft/helicopter charter, taxi and rentals
- Bank courier services
- Aircraft sales
- Aviation fuel sales
- Flight instruction
- Aircraft engine, propeller, and accessory maintenance
- Aircraft storage
Air Park Master Plan Update (2007)
Pompano Beach Airport was constructed during World War II as a satellite training field serving the Naval Air Station located at what is now Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. On August 29, 1947, the City of Pompano Beach obtained the Airport under the Surplus Property Act of 1947 and renamed it Pompano Beach Air Park, due to its intent to limit the airport's usage to general aviation. For the same reason, the City shortened the primary Runway 15-33 from its original length of 5,000 feet to its current usable landing length of 4,420 feet in 1971. In 2008 an Airport Master Plan Update (under Airpark Plan Update) was approved by the City Commission which outlines the capital improvement projects recommended over the next twenty (20) years for ensuring the airport meets safety and compliance requirements in accordance with FAA Design Standards and associated Advisory Circulars.
Additional lands surrounding the Air Park, including land along Copan's Road and the Florida East Coast Railway tracks to the west of the Air Park, were transferred to the City on June 24, 1948, bringing the total acreage at the Air Park to 1,035 acres. On August 5, 1958, 10 acres of Air Park property were released to Broward County School Board for the construction of Pompano Beach Elementary School. The County received 9 more acres on September 18, 1967. On March 8, 1958, the City sold 60 acres, located in the northeast corner of the Air Park Property, for development of the Pompano Square Mall. An additional transfer of Air Park property happened in 1981 when 10 acres in the southwestern section of the Air Park Property were purchased by the Pompano Elks Club. The final transfer of Air Park property occurred in 2007 when approximately 300 acres of land were transferred to the City with the release of property that included a portion of the golf course (including the dog park) , all of Community Park, City's Water Treatment Plant, Public Works Compound, Fire Station 24 and the land where the Sample McDougal house currently sits. These transfers account for the current total 650 acres of the Air Park.
Pompano Beach Air Park is owned and operated by the City of Pompano Beach. The Air Park is a Surplus Property Act airport; the Surplus Property Act of 1947 and 1948 states that any lands conveyed under the act must be used for aviation purposes or ownership reverts back to the FAA. The FAA can, however, release excess portions of the property for non-aviation purposes; any proceeds from the sale of excess property must be used to support airport growth and development under the stipulations of the Surplus Property Act.