Award Recipients 2020-2021
The reporting information below is for 2020-2021 award recipients.
Please note that funding for your organization will be contingent upon final adoption of the executed "Miscellaneous Appropriations Contract" between your organization and the City. The purpose of this Contract is to improve accountability and ensure the City and its citizens are receiving the benefits outlined in your application/program.
Please review a sample of the Miscellaneous Appropriations Contract.
To process contracts accordingly, please review the Next Steps section in detail and submit all materials no later than November 13, 2020 to Nicole Almeida, Nicole@StrategicPhilanthropyInc.com
A representative from your organization must attend a mandatory orientation. Please RSVP online by November 3, 2020. The password to register is listed on your awards letter.
Date: November 5, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Contact: Nicole Almeida
Senior Accounts Manager, Community Relations - Strategic Philanthropy Inc.
We will review any questions you have about the contract at that time.
- Provide an updated W9 form dated October 2018.
Funds will be dispersed on a quarterly basis, upon receipt of report and documentation, unless otherwise requested via email by your organization. Exceptions will be made for any group receiving $5,000 or less or any groups hosting a community event; a lump sum will be given in advance.
As part of Exhibit C in the contract, please provide the insurance requirements your organization must submit:
General Liability Insurance
Please list City of Pompano Beach as the insured. See Sample Certificate of Insurance
Workers Compensation Waiver
- If an organization has fewer than (4) employees, they may request a "Certificate of Election to be Exempt." To request exemption, please visit https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/WC/Employer/Exemptions/
- If your organization does not fit the scope of business, please notify us and we will provide your organization with the City’s exemption form in lieu of the state’s.
Proof of Auto Insurance
- If your organization does not have company vehicles, a copy of the personal insurance card from the main organization's contact would suffice. Coverage for a single day event would only need to reflect the minimum auto coverage.
Sexual Molestation Coverage – this will be needed for any group that interacts with children under the age of 18.
- If your organization does not interact with children under the age of 18. Written documentation stating so would suffice.
- General Liability Insurance
Once you have submit all materials by November 13, 2020 to Nicole Almeida, Nicole@StrategicPhilanthropyInc.com. We will send over a contract for signing.
Once you receive your contract for signing: Please follow the steps below to ensure all materials are correct:
Please review and sign the attached contract (page 11). The individual who signs the contract must be the CEO, Executive Director, or President listed on Sunbiz.org.
- Please make sure your contract is notarized and that you have two witnesses that print and sign their names on the form.
- All contracts should be signed using a pen and you should only be completing page 11. Do not circle or underline on other parts of the contract.
- Please review the included sample signature page to ensure all fields are completed correctly.
Send back an electronic copy of the entire original contract to, Nicole Almeida,Nicole@StrategicPhilanthropyInc.com no later than January 5, 2021.
- A physical copy will not be required this year.
- Please review and sign the attached contract (page 11). The individual who signs the contract must be the CEO, Executive Director, or President listed on Sunbiz.org.
- Any group that has an amendment granting them an extension for the 19-20 fiscal year due to COVID-19’s impact on their organization’s programming must spend out the entire previously allocated amount in order to be eligible to receive funding from this recommended award.
In addition to a signed contract, the Award Recipients agree to provide the City of Pompano Beach with a quarterly narrative progress report. Such reports shall include basic statistical information relative to the program or activity they have been funded for by the City.
Award Recipients also agree to submit either a quarterly or lump sum financial report based on what was outlined in your contract. The financial report will consist of a budget and individual receipts. Please note the deadlines and timeline below as well as the disallowed costs.
Expenses listed on the disallowed costs list will not be reimbursed. If your organization has expenditures that are disallowed and need written justification for approval, please send your requests via e-mail to Nicole Almeida prior to making the purchase.
As a friendly reminder, pre-award costs will not be reimbursed. Please do not spend any funds until your organization has received the final contract signed by the City after the commission meeting.
Please note all reporting will be done online. Nonprofits will be able to save and continue their work should they not be able to complete it in one sitting. Links to the reports have been provided below, they will be updated in the weeks to come once fiscal year 19-20 groups have been reconciled.
Failure to provide a narrative and financial report as assigned by the City and/or failure to utilize all of the prior allocated funds from the first six months of the contract shall render an organization ineligible to receive additional payouts and render the organization ineligible for current and future funding from the City.
To submit a Quarterly Narrative Report, please visit our online webpage.
To submit a Financial Report, please visit our online webpage.
When submitting a Financial Report, all groups must use the appropriate COPB template. Please make sure you submit your financial report attachment as an excel file.
When uploading receipts, they must be in a PDF file. No jpegs. Name each file: Name of Org_Receipt #_Vendor Name
Please number your receipts so they align with the corresponding line item on your financial report.
File names should be listed as follows:
- Name of Org_Receipt #1_Vendor Name
- Name of Org_Receipt #2_Vendor Name
- Name of Org_Receipt #3_Vendor Name
- Name of Org_Receipt #4_Vendor Name
Please use our quarterly report checklist to ensure your receipts are in order.
Reporting Due Dates
Distribution of each reimbursement payment to the Award Recipient shall be contingent upon prior receipt of the required progress report which is due during the preceding quarter. Quarterly Narratives & Financial reports shall be due no later than the following dates:
Optional Reporting Deadline for FY 19-20 Amendments – February 1st
1st Quarterly Narrative & Financial Report (January/February/March) – April 1st
2nd Quarterly Narrative & Financial Report (April/May/June) – July 1st
3rd Quarterly Narrative & Financial Report (July/August/September) – September 30th
However, if any of the above dates fall on a weekend, then the due date will be extended to the next business day, thereafter, as long as it does not exceed the term of this contact.
Any nonprofit where special arrangements have been made, will submit a financial report on the 1st of each month, unless the date falls on a weekend, then the due date will be extended to the next business day.
5 – Mandatory Nonprofit Orientation Workshop via Zoom
13 - All required documents for contract are due
7 - Formal contracts to be submitted to nonprofits for signing
5 – Formal contracts signed; nonprofits to submit an electronic copy to the City
26 – Commission meeting to approve nonprofit contracts
1 – Optional Reporting Deadline for FY 19-20 Amendments
TBD – 1st wave of funding dispersed
1 – 1st narrative and financial reports are due (January/February/March)
1 – 2nd narrative and financial reports are due (April/May/June)
31 – 2nd wave of funding dispersed
30 – 3rd narrative and financial reports are due (July/August/September)
31 – 3rd & final wave of funding dispersed