For general COVID questions please call Broward County at 954-357-9500
Find COVID-19 vaccination sites near you.
Appointments may be required and vaccine availability will vary from as we work to provide vaccines to the most vulnerable first.Search Now
Broward County Vaccination Sites Map
For a pdf version of this map please see this link.
COVID-19 Vaccination Incentive ProgramProgram is now open. See the application link below.
The City of Pompano Beach through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding is distributing $200 Visa gift cards to residents who became fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine after June 22, 2021 when the City Commission approved the use of the ARPA funds. If you received your first Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 shot before June 22nd and received or will receive your second Pfizer or Moderna shot after June 22nd, you are still eligible to receive the $200 gift card. One dose Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 shots must be received after June 22nd in order to be eligible. The distribution of Visa gift cards will be on a first come, first serve basis and will be available while supplies last. The Incentive Program ends on September 30th.
For more information please see this document
To apply and submit the required documentation click here: https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/copbfl/Participant
DOH-BROWARD ADMINISTERING 2nd ROUND of PFIZER COVID-19 VACCINE AT BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS AND PARTICIPATING CHARTER SCHOOLS
For more information please see this document
Broward County COVID-19 Information and Updates
For the latest information and updates on COVID-19 in Broward please see the county page at this link.
No Appointment Necessary for FDOH Vaccine Sites in Broward
Appointments are no longer required at any COVID-19 vaccination site run by Florida Department of Health (FDOH) in Broward. Other vaccination sites, such as retail pharmacists, continue to require appointments.
All Floridians are eligible to receive any COVID-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration, which is now 12+. If you know someone who may be hesitant about getting the vaccine, you can become a Vaccine Ambassador by talking about your experience and the importance of achieving “herd immunity" so all our lives can return to normal.
While the number of residents getting vaccinated increases, health experts still advise wearing a mask in public, practicing social distancing, and washing hands frequently.
For vaccination and testing locations, and answers about the available vaccines, visit GetVaccinated.Broward.org
Don't Wait. Vaccinate.
Your COVID-19 Vaccine Questions Answered
It’s understandable if you feel mistrust about the COVID-19 vaccine. And it’s smart to ask questions. Because getting informed is the key to protecting yourself and your loved ones from the risks of coronavirus. It’s also the first step to getting our lives back, along with all those special moments we’ve been missing out on.
Check out the I did it website for the answers you need to important questions regarding the effectiveness, safety and cost of the COVID-19 vaccine. Plus, see the words of wisdom straight from the heart of our own South Florida community—from neighbors who’ve already taken the vaccine and those helping others do the same.
COVID-19 Vaccine Sites Consolidating in Pompano Beach
The City of Pompano Beach will be consolidating its vaccination efforts. Due to the significantly low demand for vaccinations at the E. Pat Larkins Center, beginning Sunday, May 16th, vaccinations and testing will no longer be available at the E. Pat Larkins Community Center. COVID-19 vaccinations will still be available at Citi Centre which is located at 1955 N Federal Highway at the corner of Copans Road and Federal Highway in Pompano Beach.
The Citi Centre vaccination site is open Tuesday through Saturday, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. The site is closed Sunday and Monday. No appointment is necessary to receive the Pfizer vaccine at the Citi Centre vaccination site.
There are a number of options available to get testing and/or vaccinations.
Up to date locations with dates and times for testing and/or vaccinations can be found at: http://getvaccinated.broward.org/.
Department of Health Vaccine Information
Department of Health - Broward sites for COVID-19 test available without an appointment. Call 954-412-7300 for general Information and homebound testing appointments.
- Executive Order 21-79 Persons 40 and older eligible for vaccination
- Following Governor Ron DeSantis’ Announcement, Broward County Expands Eligibility Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Eligible Floridians can now receive a COVID-19 vaccine through Walmart and Sam's Club locations across the state
- Broward COVID 19 Update - New Online Vaccination Preregistration System
- DOH-BROWARD IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE NEW STATE COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING SYSTEM
- Broward County COVID-19 Snapshot Updates
Vulnerable Population Registry
After a hurricane or other emergency, residents may experience prolonged power and phone outages. Elevators may not be functioning. Residents may not be able to leave their apartments to get assistance or let others know that they are in need. The Vulnerable Population Registry is a tool that municipalities can use to help evaluate resident needs in their communities and assist in planning a response in an emergency. While registering in the database is not a guarantee that you will be provided services or placed on a priority list for responders, it will help responders be better prepared to meet your needs in a recovery.
You should pre-register in the Vulnerable Population Registry if you are at risk due to a disability, frailty or health issue, regardless of age, AND you elect to stay at home in the event of a hurricane or other emergency. Registration should be in advance, and before a storm threatens. The Registry is used by municipalities for planning purposes only, and is not a guarantee of assistance. Register online, or by calling the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000 (TTY 954-831-3890), or by contacting your municipality’s emergency management agency.
For more information please see these flyers: Flyer One, Flyer Two or register at the link below
Executive Orders and Press Releases
- COVID-19 Vaccine Sites Consolidating in Pompano Beach
- New Days of Operation for COVID-19 Vaccines at Citi Centre
- COVID-19 Vaccines to Begin at E. Pat Larkins Community Center
- City Announces Small Business Relief Grant Program
- Mayor Hardin's COVID-19 Proclamation 20-07
- Mayor Hardin's COVID-19 Proclamation 20-06
- Code Enforcement Lien Amnesty Program
- City of Pompano Beach Forms Economic Response Team for COVID-19
- Mayor Hardin's Emergency Proclamation 4-8-20
- Mayor Hardin's COVID-19 Proclamation 3-27-20
- Mayor Hardin's COVID-19 Proclamation 3-18-20
- PR 20-25 City Announces Closures of Government Facilities
- PR 20-24 City Issues Executive Order to Close Restaurants
- PR 20-23 Free Chlorination Notification
- PR 20-22 City Urges Public to Use Online Services to Avoid Trips to City Hall
- PR 20-21 City Announces Public Beach Closure to Further Contain Coronavirus
- PR 20-20 City Announces Actions to Address Spread of Coronavirus
- PR 20-19 City Closely Monitoring Coronavirus
- Executive Order 21-94
- Executive Order 21-79
- Executive Order 21-62
- Executive Order 21-46
- Executive Order 20-316
- Executive Order 20-297
- Executive Order 20-246 - COVID 19 – Local Government Public Meetings
- Executive Order 20-244 - Phase 3; Right to Work; Business Certainty; Suspension of Fines
- Executive Order 20-193
- Executive Order 20-112 - Providing for phase 1 re-opening everywhere but Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach County AND EXTENDING 20-69 regarding Local Government Public Meetings
- Executive Order 20-104 - Emergency Temporary Action Related to Unemployment Compensation
- Executive Order 20-103 - State Extension for Vacation Rental Suspension
- Executive Order 20-95 - Documentary Stamps for SBA Loans
- Executive Order 20-94 - Mortgage Foreclosure and Eviction Relief
- Executive Order 20-93 - Reemployment Assistance Program
- Executive Order 20-92 - Amends 20-91 Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency
- Executive Order 20-91 - Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency
- Executive Order 20-90 - Broward and Palm Beach County Closures
- Executive Order 20-89 - Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Monroe County Public Access Restrictions
- Executive Order 20-88 - Re-employment of Essential Personnel
- Executive Order 20-87 - Vacation Rental Closures
- Executive Order 20-86 - Additional Requirements of Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida
- Executive Order 20-85 - Telehealth and Immunizations for State Group Insurance
- Executive Order 20-83 - Protective Measures for Vulnerable Populations, Gatherings of Private Citizens and Density of the Workforce
- Executive Order 20-82 - Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida
- Executive Order 20-80 - Airport Screening and Isolation
- Executive Order 20-72 - Non-essential Elective Medical Procedures
- Executive Order 20-71 - Alcohol Sales, Restaurants, and Gyms
- Executive Order 20-70 - Broward and Palm Beach County Closures
- Executive Order 20-69 - Local Government Public Meetings
- Executive Order 20-68 - Regarding bars, beaches, and restaurants
- Broward County Declaration of Emergency
- Broward County Declaration of Emergency
- Broward County Declaration of Emergency
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 21-01
- Important COVID-19 Vaccine Reminders from Broward County
- Broward Municipal Service District (BMSD) New Revolving Loan Fund - Lending and Training for Small Businesses
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-28 - Restaurant and Bar Hours Extended
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-27
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-26
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-25
- Broward County to Launch Online Rental Assistance Program on August 31
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-24
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-23
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-22
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-21
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-20
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-19
- Facial Coverings FAQs
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-18
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-16
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-15
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-14
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-12 and 20-13 FAQ
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-13
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-12
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-11
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-10
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-09
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-08
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-07
- Broward County COVID-19 Call Center Now Open 8AM to 6PM Daily
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-05
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-04 - Golf course, movie theater, marina, and real estate services defined
- The Broward County City Managers’ Association Press Release: Safer At Home
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-03 - Directing Shelter-In-Place: Safer At Home Policy
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-02
- Broward County Administrators Emergency Order 20-01
What you need to know now about COVID-19 in Florida
Corona Virus - COVID19 Information
- Broward County: https://www.broward.org/coronavirus
- Florida Health: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/
- CDC: CDC.gov
- Travel Recommendations from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Federal Trade Commission – Advice to protect consumers from scammers: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2020/02/coronavirus-scammers-follow-headlines
If you are concerned that you have been exposed to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please call the Florida Department of Health in Broward County at 954-412-7300 and your healthcare provider before traveling to any healthcare facility.
- EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus
- COVID19 Symptoms Flyer
- The Corona Virus: What You Need To Know
The City of Pompano Beach forms Economic Response Team for COVID-19
The City of Pompano Beach, the Economic Development Council (EDC), Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and Chamber of Commerce have joined forces to provide support and recovery efforts for the business community of Pompano Beach. The Economic Response Team (ERT) will be led by the organizations mentioned as well as the City’s executive staff. The goal is to ensure support and resources to help our local businesses recover from this unprecedented crisis.
Please find important business sources below to assist businesses during this time. In addition, the ERT is recommending all Pompano Beach businesses complete the Economic Response Business Survey to help determine and execute recovery strategies and initiatives.
Maintaining or Restoring Water Quality in Building with Low or No Use
- Building and business closures for weeks or months reduce water usage, potentially leading to stagnant water inside building plumbing. This water can become unsafe to drink or otherwise use for domestic or commercial purposes. EPA recommends that building owners and managers take proactive steps as outlined in the documents below to protect public health by minimizing water stagnation during closures and taking action to address building water quality prior to reopening.Read information on maintaining or restoring water quality in buildings with low or no use.
- Critical COVID-19 Guidance Standards for Hospitality Reopening
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Covid19 resources from Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- Paycheck Protection Program Technical Assistance Providers
- Paycheck Protection Program Potential Lenders
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Funding Vitrual Workshop
- Business Resiliency Vitrual Town Hall
- Small Business Grant Opportunity
- Free Promotion for Restaurants through the Sunny.org Open Restaurants page and information on free radio advertising for online promotions and discounts. For a list of Pompano Beach restaurants offering takeout/delivery click here.
- Economic Response Business Survey
- US Chamber Foundation Small Business Fund
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce : Implementing a National Return to Work Plan
- GrowFL COVID-19 Business Resource Update for April 8th
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Announces Actions Taken to Make Accessing Reemployment Assistance More User Friendly
- Career Source Broward
- Hard copy application for unemployment assistance
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Flyer
- Guide to SBA'S Economic Injury Disaster Loan Flyer
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Summary of Lending Programs
- Small Business Resources
- Broward County Economic and Small Business Development
- CDC Business/Employer Guidance
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity's Short Time Compensation program for employers
- Business Damage Assessment Survey
- SBA COVID-19 relief options
- FACT SHEET: The American Rescue Plan Will Deliver Immediate Economic Relief to Families
Please be aware of an increase in scams concerning COVID-19. Scammers are using phishing emails and other methods to obtain personal information, account numbers, passwords, etc. We have also been informed of an incident where perpetrators claiming to be from the CDC, wearing protective clothing, showed up at a resident’s door. Please read below for some very important things you can do to protect yourself from Scams.
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments.
- Don’t click on ads or articles claiming to have live interactive maps from untrusted websites.
- Use trusted sources — such as legitimate, government websites — for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
Visit floridahealthcovid19.gov for more info.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information during phone calls. Call the person back at a published Department of Health phone number.
- If you see or experience something unusual call the Attorney General at 1(866) 9NO-SCAM and do not give out any personal information.
Report price gouging using the No Scam app. Download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Banks and the government will not call, text, or email you asking for personal information. When in doubt, go to a website without clicking any links, call the number listed on the financial institutions website or call call the Attorney General at 1(866) 9NO-SCAM.
Resources for Individuals
Advance Child Tax Credit Payments in 2021
mportant changes to the Child Tax Credit will help many families get advance payments of the credit starting this summer. The IRS will pay half the total credit amount in advance monthly payments beginning July 15. You will claim the other half when you file your 2021 income tax return. These changes apply to tax year 2021 only.
For more information please see this link.
County Opens Three Service Centers for Emergency Rental Assistance
Residents behind on their rent and utility balances due to a COVID-19 financial hardship are encouraged to submit an application for Emergency Rental Assistance before the end of the national eviction ban on June 30. Three new customer service centers offer in-person assistance if necessary or desired – an appointment is required.
For more information please see this link.
OUR Florida Rental, Utility and Landlord Assistance Program
OUR Florida is currently accepting applications for rental and utility assistance and will begin processing applications in the order in which they were received beginning Monday, May 17, 2021.https://www.ourflorida.com/
Broward County Online COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance
A new Broward County program can pay up to 12 months in past due rent and utilities if renters have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Broward County Commission has launched an Emergency Rental Assistance program for residents who have been impacted by Covid-19 and meet certain income requirements. This Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), which provides the County with $53 million in U.S. Treasury Department funds, is different than previous programs offered, so even if renters were not qualified for, or elected not to participate in, other rental assistance programs, they should take a moment to review this new assistance.
ERAP provides up to 12 months of past due rent and utility payments (back to March 13, 2020) for low-income rental households that have experienced financial hardships as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, eligible households can receive up to three months of future payments if needed to ensure housing stability, and if funds are available.
Tenants and landlords must work together to participate in the program, and funds will be paid directly to landlords/rental management companies and utility providers.
The county has made various resources available to assist in the application process, including local intake centers where help is offered in person, as well as a call center staffed with multilingual English/Spanish/Haitian Creole professionals from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Applications are now being accepted! www.Broward.org/RentAssistance
Additional information is available at www.Broward.org/RentAssistance To reach the call center, dial 888-692-7203.
Federal Broadband Subsidy Program
The federal $3.2 billion Broadband Subsidy Program commenced this week. Consumers of broadband services (through cable, phone or wireless companies) who are struggling during the COVID pandemic may be eligible for up to a $50 per month subsidy plus funds for broadband devices. Persons receiving state or federal assistance or who lost their job as a result of COVID are likely eligible and most companies are participating. To apply and get more info, visit: www.getemergencybroadband.org. This is a good program to help people out with a vital service.
FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance
CDC has extended the eviction moratorium through June 30, 2021
Fact Sheet: Biden Administration Announces Extension of COVID-19 Forbearance and Foreclosure Protections for Homeowners
Florida Housing Coalition Update 10/1/20
FEMA Supplemental Payments for Lost Wages
Broward Health Offers FREE COVID-19 Testing
Broward County Public Service Announcement Video
Broward County Rental Assistance Program
- Broward County FAQs
- Stimulus Information
- COVID19 Symptoms
- COVID19 Updates
- Broward Schools
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Department of Health Broward
- Florida Department of Health (DOH) Call Center is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1.866.779.6121 or email your questions to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Disease Control
- State Emergency Operations
- World Health Organization
- Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Health & Wellness
- Broward County Public School - Spring Break (March 23 – 27, 2020) Fee-Based Camps for Students at Broward County Public Schools Sites
Parks and City Facilites
- City Hall is open to the public as of 6/14/21
Beginning June 14, Pompano Beach City Hall will be open to the public, including the Building Department, Business Tax Division, Code Compliance, & Zoning.
We ask that safety precautions including mask wearing and social distancing are still observed during our reopening.
Paperwork can still be submitted through our Dropbox located on the North side of City Hall to bypass the waiting room. You can submit the following items in a sealed envelope with the destination and your contact information written on the envelope for:
- New Permit Applications & Corrections (include permit #)
- Business Tax Submissions & renewals
- Lien Search Requests & payments
- Planning & Zoning Submissions