Please view this flyer for more information
Flyer explaining new procedure for Sign Applications
The purpose of the Building Inspections Division is to enforce certain minimum standards pursuant to the Florida Building Code.
These minimum standards include public safety, health and general welfare through structural strength, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, and safety to life and property from fire, hurricane, and other hazards attributed to the built environment.
These include alteration, repair, removal, demolition, use, and occupancy of buildings, structures or premises.
The Building Inspections Division also regulates the installation and maintenance of all electrical, gas, mechanical and plumbing systems, which may be referred to as service systems.
The provisions in the Florida Building code shall be deemed to supplement any and all State laws of the State of Florida relating to building.
Board Meeting Dates
Location and Hours
City Hall - Main Building
100 West Atlantic Boulevard,
Pompano Beach, Florida 33060
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Payment Types Accepted
Plan Reviewers and Inspectors for the City of Pompano Beach
The following pdf contains a list of structural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing inspectors, their contact information and maps of their respective zones.
Quick Service Program
Applicants are encouraged to participate in our Quick Service Program. For additional information, please inquire at the front counter.
We will still offer walk through services to owner/builder's ONLY during regular business hours with items that can be walked through.
We now offer virtual access to the status of your permits, inspections and plans.
Schedule an Inspection
Check the Status of a Permit
Is your Contractor up to date?
Permit Review Process: If you are having a problem scheduling an Inspection please call 954.786.4670 for assistance.
Applications and Forms
- 2014 Florida Building Code (5th Ed.) / Wind Loads
- 40-Year Building Safety Inspection
- Application for Alarm Registration
- Building Permit Application
(Broward County Uniform Application)
- Change of Prime Contractor or Application
- Change Subcontractor Form
- Contractor Record Maintenance Form
- Easement Agreement
- Electric Service Turn on
- Electrical 30 Day Temporary Permit
- Engineering Permit Application
- Fire Review Application
- Flood Zone Information
- High Velocity Hurricane Zone Uniform Permit App for Roofs
- Job Site Private Provider Identification Form
- Lien Research Request
- Notice of Commencement
- Notice to Building Official of Use of Private Provider
- Owner Builder Affidavit
- Plan Review Check List
- Private Provider Plan Compliance Affidavit
- Requirements for Residential Emergency Generators
- Reuse Technical Document
- Revision Submittal Form
- Sign Code Compliance Permit
- Sign Review Criteria
- Signature Affidavit
- Signature Affidavit Guide
- Special Inspector
- Supplement Storage Application
- Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub Safety Act; Notice of Requirement
- Sworn Statement of Account
- Temporary Sign Application
- Threshold Inspection Application
- Tree Permit
- Utility Connection and Capital Recovery Fee Application
- V-Zone Certificate
- Zoning Compliance Permit Application
|Building Official and Chief Contacts|
|Name / Email||Position||Phone|
|Miguel Nunezmiguel.email@example.com||Building Official||954.786.4672|
|Mickey BrayMickey.Bray@copbfl.com||Chief Electrical Inspector||954.786.4524|
|Scott MaxwellScott.Maxwell@copbfl.com||Chief Mechanical Inspector||954.786.4663|
|Tom BennettThomas.Bennett@copbfl.com||Chief Plumbing Inspector||954.786.4548|
|Michael RadaMichael.Rada@copbfl.com||Chief Building Inspector||954.786.4062|
|Other Contacts and Forms|
|Alarm Registration, Renewal and Billing|
|Mary Chickmary.firstname.lastname@example.org||954.786.5558||954.786.4667||Alarm Registration Form|
|Records and Research Supervisor|
|Mary Chickmary.email@example.com||954.786.5573||954.786.4667||Lien Inquiry Form|
|Amanda Saundersamanda.firstname.lastname@example.org||954.786.7801||954.786.4667||Lien Inquiry Form|
|Business Tax Receipt Division||954.786.4633||954.786.4666||Contractor Registration Form|
|Old Delinquent Permits|
|Flood Insurance and Rating System|
|Flood Information Page||954.545.7780
|For Customer Service|
|Building Inspections||954.786.4669||954.786.4677||List of Customer Service Personnel|