How can I find a place to get vaccinated?
- Visit Vaccines.gov or vacunas.gov
- Text your ZIP Code to 438-829 to find a vaccine near you. In Spanish, text your ZIP Code to VACUNA (822-862)
- Call the National COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline (1-800-232-0233)
For updates and other material resources, visit https://wecandothis.hhs.gov/. Note, many places are now offering walk-in options, so an appointment may not be necessary.
What if I have to miss work?
- Thousands of employers have answered the President’s call to offer paid time off for vaccination.
- The IRS is providing a tax credit to small- and medium-sized employers to help them provide employees paid time off to get vaccinated and to recover if they have any side effects.
- Ask your employer if they offer paid time off.
What if I need a ride or other help to get vaccinated?
- Through July 4th, Uber and Lyft are now offering free rides to and from vaccination sites nationwide – just use the app.
- Over 350 local transit agencies are offering free, accessible public transit to vaccination sites, so check with your local government to see what might be available to you.
- Some companies are offering other resources like free child care while getting vaccinated and free rewards after you get vaccinated. Visit Vaccines.gov - Incentives to learn more.
Contact information for Local Elected Officials: COVIDIGA@who.eop.gov.